This post may contain affiliate links. I only share with you what I truly use and believe in as a product. Please read discloser for more info.
What are Branch Chain Aminos? Are Branch Chain Aminos necessary?When should you consume Branch Chain Aminos?
Branch Chain Amino Acids also known as BCAAS are three of the nine essential amino acids. The term “Branched-chain” refers to the chemical structure of BCAAS. The three-branch chain aminos are leucine, isoleucine, and valine. They are not a necessity, but they certainly can prevent us from losing any of our hard gains achieved from working out.
BCAAS help you from slipping into a catabolic state during your workouts or even throughout your day.
What does catabolic mean? Catabolism is the breakdown of molecules in the body in order for the body to continue releasing energy. When you enter a catabolic state/window you then begin to burn away that hard earned muscle you’ve been working toward. You can enter this catabolic state by not intaking food as often as you should be accordingly with your total daily expenditure. Therefore, you want to stay within an anabolic state (the opposite of catabolism) as often as possible while the body continues to build complex molecules, rather than break them down.
I personally do not take these on a daily but there are lots of scenarios where I do!
Begin taking BCAAS as follows:
- If you have a start of an early day (Ex: alarm is 4 AM & Meal 1 isn’t until 7 AM) sip on BCAAS prior to Meal 1
- You wake up to immediately to perform Fasted Cardio and/or workout for the day
- Your training session exceeds more than 60 minutes total
- You weight train first, followed by a cardio session (sip on BCAAS during cardio part of workout)
- Your “too busy” for a meal and it’s been 3-4 hrs since your last meal; start CHUGGING those BCAAS rather than sip HA.
- YOUR just sick of plain water & want a different taste with zero calories
What kind of BCAAS do I use?
My Ultimate favor flavor is Green apple (in the pic shown)
There are other flavors including Apple Juice (pretty awesome flavor for those Fasted AM cardio sessions), Blue Raspberry or Lemonade (Both perfect along the pool side)
Here is the link to purchase and FREE SHIPPING!