Red Velvet Protein Cake Bites
Level-1 Red Velvet Cake Protein
Gluten free baking mix (Kodiak Cakes)
Unsweetened apple sauce
Low fat cream cheese
Red food coloring
White chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking pan lightly with pam; cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients together & mix well using hand mixer.
2 ½ scoops Level-1 Red Velvet Cake Protein
1 cup gluten free baking mix (Kodiak Cakes)
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup stevia
½ cup canola oil
1 whole egg
½ cup water
3. Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
4. Remove and completely cool. Once cooled, crumble up very well using hands.
5. In a bowl, combine & mix well
1 packet of softened low fat cream cheese
Few drops of red food coloring
Few drops of vanilla extract
½ cup stevia
6. ADD this mixture to the crumbled cake mixing it well (easiest to do by hand) & roll into golf sized balls. Refrigerate for a few hours.
Optional Icing: Melt white chocolate chips, dip cake balls into white chocolate & refrigerate again.
*Yields 24 cake bites
Before adding optional icing, place in the freezer so that when dipping the balls into the melted icing it sticks better.
Use a toothpick or fork to hold the bite sized ball into the icing than place on waxing paper until all are completed and goes back into the fridge.
Store in freezer and when ready to eat- heat in microwave for 25 seconds–oh so delicious!