What is ACV and the brand?
Apple Cider Vinegar is made from fermented apples and water, and contains antioxidants, acetic acid and amino acids. Diluted ACV contains zero calories per tablespoon, as well as no fat, carbohydrates, protein, or dietary fibers. Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is made from the organic apples and container the ‘Mother,’ home of organic acids and enzymes.
What are ACV benefits?
There are sooo.many.benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar and I bet way more than you even heard of!
- One of the biggest benefits ACV is known for is treating an upset stomach. You would sip ACV by mixing 1-2 TBSP of ACV with water. This is because of its antibiotic properties that ACV carries along with an ingredient called pectin which helps soothe intestinal spasms.
- ACV Controls insulin and blood sugar levels because of its anti-glycemic effect on individuals who tend to have a relatively high fasting glucose.
- ACV could help prevent indigestion, so if your about to indulge in take out or go out to a restaurant may be a good idea to take a TBSP prior to going/eating.
- ACV contains potassium just like a banana does, but some people do not like the taste of bananas or prefer not to eat them daily. Being a Licensed Massage Therapist I hear a ton of clients saying they suffer with leg cramping at night. There could be a couple reasons to this, but most likely it is probably because of lack of potassium. Try Taking 2 TBSP ACV before bed with water. Keeping in mind you can overdo it and cause the reverse affects, so proceed in moderation…2 TBSP at max.
- ACV reduces gut inflammation helping prevent the overgrowth of bad bacteria. *this is a perfect example; if you are eating packaged, processed foods there no point of taking ACV in my opinion, your not using it at its greatest potential. Because of its Anti-inflammatory properties, try applying ACV on a bruise and it may help in the discoloration of a bruise.
- Overall, ACV helps restore the natural PH levels in the body—super important
*It is something you must be consistent with, just like most things if you want results and its full benefits.
Why do I use ACV?
I want to say this is approx. my third+ year at taking ACV and yes, I have been consistent in travels. Either I brought it with me if I was driving or I bought it as soon as I landed at my destination. The main reasons I have chosen to add ACV to my daily rituals is for a couple reasons. We already know all the benefits listed above. But the primarily benefits that I’ve chosen to take advantage of is; help control my insulin/ blood sugar, preventing the overgrowth of bad bacteria, and overall balance my PH levels.
How do I use ACV?
ACV is not only used orally; it can be used on skin as stated above with bruising, but also on face for acne, and spray on scalp for dandruff. WARNING: it does have a strong smell to it. Haha I personally choose to take it orally, I would assume it is entering my bloodstream, allowing to help my body in a variety of aspects.
I take 1 TBSP AM & 1 TBSP PM
I do not take it on an empty stomach as my stomach doesn’t handle it very well (tried it once and immediately felt like a morning sickness; hot, dizzy, nauseous) Therefore, I eat my breakfast, drink coffee, vitamins, 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar then immediately brush my teeth. That is the AM Routine, where as the PM Routine consists of eating my last meal, drinking my chicken bone broth, taking evening vitamins, followed by 1 TBSP ACV then immediately brush my teeth. This is because Apple Cider Vinegar can affect your tooth enamel if left on your teeth for longer periods of time. (& yes, I will notice my enamel on my teeth if I do not proceed in the teeth brushing after taking the ACV within the first 3 days).
There is no magic pill, but if you like what you hear, or suffer from one of the many listed above, give it a try, and add it into your daily rituals. Here is the exact one you should get:
Bragg’s will tell you not to take it as a shot because they have to say that. Just like a medicine bottle must provide its side effects. They suggest you do not take it as a shot and dilute it using 1 TBSP per 8 oz of filtered or Sparking Water because they say its better on the esophagus that way and too harsh otherwise. Which I agree to an extend; if I were taking more than 2 TBSP per day than perhaps, I would be a bit more concerned on how I am taking it. But as I explained above, I take 2 TBSP MAX per day: one AM & one PM.
*Making sure it says with the “MOTHER” on it. I have not seen another brand besides Bragg that is raw unfiltered AND with the “MOTHER”
Can also be found in Walmart, Shop Rite, other stores
FYI even after 3 years I still make this face EVERY TIME I take a “shot” of ACV HA.